Monday, November 14, 2011

dip dyed sunset















Another day, another DIY. I made this slip ages ago and have never worn it so I thought I would do something to jazz it up. Dip dyed the entire dress in blue and the hem in red dye for a purple sunset-ish effect. Not a very subtle gradation I know, but I think it looks pretty cool non-the-less.
I used these powder dyes for silk, cotton and rayon fabrics (pictured) which only set in the fabric when used alongside soda ash and rock salt (which I had run out of, using table salt instead).
I think this will be the perfect beach party dress, just as long as I don't blend in with the sunset!

Worn with: Henry Holland x Le Specs glasses, Verali wedges, breast plate from Vietnam and thrifted bangle

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...