Wednesday, June 27, 2012

black velvet









Here's a little project I did today in between painting my mini collection (nearly finished!). I dug up this little black velvet cat dress I remember being thoroughly attached to as a child. Eeither I was a very fat kid or this dress swam on me because that's the only way I can explain how what used to be the under-bust of my childhood dress now fits my waist perfectly! I chopped off the skirt and added a zip so I could get in and out, shortened the hem and voila, the perfect black velvet mini skirt. I absolutely hate throwing out my baby clothes, so I think this is the best way of simultaneously keeping my childhood spirit alive whilst also recycling perfectly good fabric and reducing waste. I think I'll have to find a good use for the cute furry kitty face as well!

[wearing: Zara tee, H&M cuff, DIY velvet mini skirt, vintage clutch/rings/bracelet/watch]

3 comments:

  1. the pattern on your tee is so pretty :)
    xx
    INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT 

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog. please come and visit mine too, tell me what you think! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! I would also like to see an outfit post with what's left of the top... You can make it work xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...